THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS.
Before we get into this review I do have to say that it was nice to see Brandon Soo Hoo at the start, even if it wasn’t for very long. He’s most recently been in the TV series From Dusk Till Dawn which I highly recommend you check out! Anyway, on with the review.
This week’s episode was one of the more lighthearted ones, but if you saw the preview for the next episode then you know that this is the calm before the storm.
- Christine angrily going to her room, throwing her bike helmet away and Booth catching it was a great scene. I love any moments between the Brennan/Booth family and this one was simple but great.
- The case of the week was pretty different and the whole atmosphere just felt very Bones like. It wasn’t too serious and there was a lot of humour planted throughout the investigation, but also just the episode in general.
- Rodolfo Fuentes is the intern of the week and that bit where he was in the container of body parts (and goodness knows what else) was disgusting but also really funny. The fact that Hodgins was hiding the skull so that Rodolfo would have to keep searching, was a little cruel but again, reminded me of the old Hodgins. Also, it was hilarious that Cam let him continue on for another five minutes.
- Brennan and Booth going to check out the competition, and Booth being really into it.
- Hodgins secretly working on Zack’s case. It was great to see that he too was trying to prove Zack’s innocence and how Angela was willing to help too. It was heartbreaking that Cam brought up the idea that Hodgin’s could have tampered with evidence, for the most part at least it was her and not someone else who said it (another person might have been harsher), but we’ll have to wait and see what she actually does.
- Aubrey and his pancakes. It really made me want some pancakes.
- Rodolfo finally being able to check out some chainsaws, and just that whole sequence with him and Hodgins. I appreciate the fact that some of it was in slow motion.
- Rodolfo hurting his leg because of the chainsaws and pretending like he’s perfectly fine. It was also kind of funny how that led to them working out the case and who the suspect was.
- Brennan and Booth taking part in one of the competition games. It sounds like one splash, and then another follows. I wonder if we’ll find out who it was that fell in and who gets to teach Christine how to ride her bike.
Like I said before, it looks like things are going to get a bit darker and more dramatic in episode 7 so it’ll be interesting to see where we go from here.